I'm looking for...

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do you want to sew famous?

      Apparently there is a new book to help you do that! It's called "Famous Frocks: Patterns and Instructions for 20 Fabulous Iconic Dresses".

 

     According to the Intoduction of the book, the writters (Sarah Alm and Hannah McDevitt) felt the need to remake the patterns of 20 iconic styles. In this book you will find styles of Bette Davis, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn (my favorite), Jackie O', Twiggy, Dianna Ross, Farrah Fawcett, Stivie Nicks, Rita Heyworth and Madonna. Nice collection right?
     By observing the contents, which contain chapters like Read All Pattern Instructions, Trace Off Your Pattern, Cut Your Fabric, Terms Techniques and Tools and a page with pattern's common symbols explanation, I get that this book addresses to all level sewers. From beginners that will learn the techniques from scratch and advanced sewers that were just dying for a famous style. Read the Introduction your self on http://www.amazon.com/, to get a hint.
    Would you buy it? I prefer trying to replicate the style my self, as I did with my Breakfast at Tiffany's dress, but that's just me! So go ahead and sew famous!

See you around
Maria

 PS:  Audrey Hepburn is on the cover as Holy Golightly, of course she is!
  
    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...